Saturday, August 25, 2012

Mittens?

I have more than one friend in my knitting group that dyes fiber, either for fun or for a living. I get my monthly club fiber from one of them, and the other brings in braids she's done every once in a while.

Here's one I bought from her:


This one was large enough that I needed two bobbins (which isn't that much, in the spinning world, but it's a lot for a newbie like me).




It ended up in two skeins, and this picture is too dark, but you can see how much I have. It's not the softest wool, so I don't know what I'll do with it. Mittens, perhaps?



My wheel spinning is slowly but surely getting more consistent. I'm sure if I practiced more I'd be better at it by now...

1 comment:

Kwiddens said...

New socks for the Kwiddens! Or cute baby Nyah socks. Or monster pants.